Sunday 21 February 2016

Film Review LiteraryTechniques

Despite studying Creative Writing I wanted to familiarize myself with the technical side of writing a film review. To begin with I began to think over who my audience is for review. As I want to cater for those interested in short film I need to ensure my tone is appropriate. As readers may have never seen the products getting reviewed I feel that it is critical that I adopt a comical tone to engage readers. Once I had established this, I began researching exactly what the purpose of a review is. Below is a screenshot of a website detailing such:


I feel that these points are extremely relevant to my own review. Even more so as the product my review is evaluating is unknown. I've got to inform my audience effectively of my product and be engaging at the same time.

As my film is only five minutes long I feel that the second point 'to describe' will be difficult. I will need to summarise the plot and establish the genre without giving away any crucial details which will spoil the effectiveness of the product.

Naturally I am going to be inclined to rate my own film positively however in order to ensure my product is as professional as possible I am considering on commenting on the negative aspects of my film. Despite this I am going to write with the intention of recommending the film to the reader. Using persuasive language I will be ensuring that a reader will want to engage with my campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment