Friday 19 February 2016

Formatting of Review Page

As I have researched a variety of film review websites and magazines I have discovered that the layout and formatting of their reviews vary considerably. Below is a selection of reviews I looked at and a picture I used as reference to understand some of the elements of the page spread which outlines the various layers of a review:




After completing this activity I began relating the task to my own product. As all of the featured films within the magazines I looked upon are blockbuster, large budget films, I needed to decide if the formats I researched are suitable for my own product. I have come to the conclusion that, despite the obvious difference in production value, the format of a film review page is simply used to attract readers and therefore I will be basing my own format upon those I have researched. Naturally the next step was to create my own layout and I did this with pencil and paper, allowing me to modify and change my ideas as they developed. Below is a photograph of myself halfway through my work:


After referring to my research material and reworking my ideas I was left with my desired format. Below is a picture of what I concluded with:


My next step will be to digitalize my layout and begin filling in the gaps and preparing to write my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment