Tuesday 23 February 2016

Magazine Dimension and Column Structure

As I begin digitalising my layout plan for one of the ancillary products, I need a full understanding of the technical side of a magazine film review page. To begin this process I researched the dimensions of a typical published text and found out that it is slightly larger than two pieces of A4 hinged together. Below is a screenshot of myself midway through the research:


After this I needed to ensure the spacing of the various elements of my planned page were proportionally correct and therefore sought out the advice of my Media Studies Tutor. She suggested the idea of measuring the page with the width of a typical column and divide up the page accordingly. Using said measurements, (4.6cm in width) I split my page apart and adjusted the various sections to collaborate with my new set of ruling. Conclusively this activity has been largely useful as it has developed my understanding of an area of media I am only partially  familiar with which has aided the project in terms of my ancillary products. This research ensures that the review is as authentic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment