Friday 26 February 2016

Flashback Capture Session

After a series of cancellations and complications I directed the capturing of the flashback photographs. As I needed an actor to play the wife of my survivor I called upon another person I know to help. She has had a considerable amount of experience and has played a number of varied roles, making her a perfect candidate for the position. With both of my actors secured my next move was to arrange for some people to help hold up the fabric screen for me to take photos. Through my media tutor I was able to gather two willing helpers. Below is a picture of us testing the high key lighting within the photography studio:


Referring to the storyboard I had created previously I directed and took the photos. Similarly to how the practice session went, the process went well. I ran into minimal problems while taking the photos and my actors cooperated well, giving me their own input and advice. Below is a presentation of all of the photos I took, in their raw state:


Conclusively the shoot went very well however in hindsight I feel that the photos which were taken vertically should have been taken like the rest, horizontally. Despite the problem being small and easily manageable with a programme like Photoshop it will delay the editing process of my primary product. My next step will be to process the photos and insert them within my film.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent work. Strong evidence of understanding and creative construction. Some good images. Add consideration of the term aspect ration and awareness of film screen proportions

    ReplyDelete