Thursday 11 February 2016

Sound Folleying: Gunshot

As I plan to have a mixture of gunshots within the opening of my film, I decided to attempt to folley some impact/gunshot sounds to add to the soundtrack. Using a ruler I experimented on a mixture of materials ranging from soft material to wood. I found that this factor had a large influence on the sound. Below are two of the sounds I recorded. One on wood the other on a soft material:

Against Wood



Against soft fabric material



As expected the sound recorded by hitting wood sounded much more realistic and therefore I decided to take that recording further. Despite sounding better, it did not sound as effective as the one I had in place already so I began editing the audio in Audacity. By adjusting the compression levels and inverting the audio I was able to create a realistic gunshot effect. Below is a screenshot of myself editing the audio:


Please find below the final edited audio file:



Conclusively, I believe that the sound I have created is realistic and I will potentially use it within the opening of my film. However, despite altering the recording and trying to add a echo effect, it still remains tinny and compressed. I may be able to alter the bass levels to confront this problem however I am limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment