Tuesday 8 March 2016

A Problem with Resolution

After giving out the draft of my poster design I realised that when printed the resolution was incorrect. This resulted in blurred text and uneven edges. Below is a photo of the credit box on the printed edition of the poster.



 As this reduces the quality of the product dramatically I had to address this issue. I was shown how to adjust the resolution by a peer and this enabled me to rectify the problem to an extent. The colours of the larger elements became more saturated however the edges remained poor quality. This is due to the method I used to create the image of the poster originally. I used a lower resolution image to create the spaceship shape and therefore when it increased in size after I changed the resolution the edges became blurry and undefined. The same applies to the billing box at the bottom which can be seen above. To rectify the problem completely I am going to redesign the majority of the elements ensuring I maintain the level of quality throughout. Below is a screenshot of myself halfway through this process:


No comments:

Post a Comment