Wednesday 2 March 2016

Ancillary Product Feedback Part 2: Poster

As well as the Film review, I recieved feedback on my poster as well within the same session. Below are the comments I received and evidence of myself processing them:

Poster

Lily Potter's Feedback
  • "Very minimal, positive"
  • "Keep fonts the same style throughout both products- continuity"
  • "Experiment with more effects, same filter as in film?"
Conclusion: In the researching stage of my poster I looked at a variety of different posters ranging from theattrical to teaser. I chose the latter for my product. The codes of the type outline how the teaser poster has to invoke an auidnece has creae enigma. By keeping my poster minimalistic, which the comment highlights, it ensures only a fraction of the film's content is actually revealed while establishing the genre and tone of the film.
              Despite me trying to replicate the font across all of my products I have found it partuclarly difficult. Working on both WIndows and Mac OS X, the bank of fonts differ. To ensure I do keep contunity I will be trying to import the same font I used within my film onto my PC in order to use it within my anciliary products.
               When I was creating the poster I trialed a variety of effects on the photo I used. This ranged from pixalating to greyscaling the entire image. Within my film I used a bloom like filter whenever the narrative cut to the alien and the comment introduces the idea of using this same filter in my poster. I am confident that this would not work as the nature of the filter makes the image or film appear very bright and would distort faces.

Harley Golder Feedback

  • "Text pixilated"
  • "Good layout, sticks to conventions
  • "Film Website"
Conclusion: I am now fully aware that the resolution of my poster is far too small and therefore when the product was enlarged to the size of A3, text became pixalated. As the bill box is a critical element of my poster and it cannot be read the problem must be addressed.
              As with my film review, I am pleased that my poster has been recogniced as conventional. Beforehand I felt that, as I decided on creating a teaser trailer, people may find that it breaks conventions and appears empty. But, as this comment suggests, my product fits the codes of the media text.
              Despite my poster being minimal, the idea of including a website on a larger scale is tempting. Obviously as the bill box credits were the wrong resolution and were hense unreadable, my assessors would not have known that I had included a wesite. A larger URL and perhaps some social network link could make my product more authentic and conventional.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment