Friday 4 March 2016

Revisiting Pete Buckingham

Having a specified target market is incredibly important as it shapes the very product itself. Within previous projects I have worked upon marketing in relation to Pete Buckingham’s audience theory. He separates a potential audience into groups and discussing what these divisions mean. Each group has a unique set of desires and using this I have specified exactly who my audience is for all three products. Using the diagram below I selected which types of audience I predict will be interested in my products and why:




Film Fanatics: As my film could be considered violent and anchored to the Sci-fi genre I feel that a male audience would be more inclined to be attracted to my product than a female one. Furthermore, depending on the individuals, film fanatics may be interested in short films. Despite their review led drive to see film, I feel that if I support the idea that my film received good reviews across my ancillaries, this particular group may suit my product best.

Fun Lovers: As a niche film, created by a small production team, my product would not be exposed to those who focus on larger budget films. I feel that those within the Fun Lovers category would come across my product in their eclectic consumerism. Buckingham stating that they are ‘Big film and video fans’ suggests that their taste is not limited by genre or budget and therefore would be willing to watch almost anything. This audience category seems to conform to my products the best out of the two I have selected as it is possible that Film Fanatics would be repelled from my product due to its lack of presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment