Monday 29 February 2016

The British Market

Having decided to aim my primary product at a British Audience I have done some research into what is popular within the democraphic to aid the development of my film. With other countries enjoying British made period dramas and historically based film I began my work looking at what kinds of film the British public enjoy rather than what type of films the nation creates. I found an incredibly useful graph which features a series of modern films and how popular they were with the British public. Please find this graph below:


I found this particularly useful due to the range of films featured on the graph and it highlighted which type of film is not popular with the British public. I came to the conclusion that Drama's which have an element of Comedy are particularly popular however narratives based upon culture rich subjects such as a play adaption or a period drama are also prominant. Furthermore films such as Eternal Sunshine reminate post-modernism and I feel that this is where I can link my own product in. As my primary product has an unconventional multi-threaded narrative in many ways it is also post- modern which, based upon the graph above suggests it could potentially be popular with the British public.

No comments:

Post a Comment